Aptamers that can be applied commercially requires the following steps
- Custom design of an aptamer selection strategy that will fit your needs.
– This means appropriate counter selection, appropriate matrix selection, and appropriate target identification.
- Guidance of the selection process to ensure appropriate balance between specificity and affinity.
– At NeoVentures we support this by mathematically modeling the selection process.
- Integration of next generation sequencing analysis with aptamer selection.
– Provide solid scientific basis for selection of candidate sequences for binding assays
- Binding assays that relate to commercial application.
– Replicate commercial application in candidate testing as much as possible.
- Aptamers that do not require denaturation prior to use.
– If an aptamer requires prior denaturation it is not fit to be commercialized.
- Aptamer optimization.
– Full length aptamers arising from selection libraries are not ready for commercialization.
– We analyze the energy landscape of aptamer shapes and perform truncation and nucleotide substitutions to develop aptamers with improved performance.
– This step is a necessary part of all of our projects.
- If necessary engineering aptamer detection strategy
– We do not select aptamers capable of allosteric shifts, we identify aptamers that bind optimally and then we engineer appropriate signalling mechanisms.
NeoVentures Intellectual Property Commitment
At NeoVentures we are committing to our client’s success. That means that we are not interested in constraining our clients ability to move forward by claiming royalties on the aptamers that we provide them with.
We provide all clients a global, irrevocable, exclusive, non-royalty bearing license to all aptamers that we produce for them. This is part of our terms of service.
Upon receipt of final payment for a project, we will share all sequences with clients and clients are free to have aptamers synthesized by whomever they wish.
NeoVentures Feasibility Commitment
NeoVentures is not just an aptamer identification company. We are an aptamer solutions provider. We have 18 years of experience working with aptamers and over this time we have succeeded with the development of aptamers for the following types of targets.
- Small molecules <1,000 daltons
- Receptor proteins on cells
- Tissue specific aptamers
- Aptamers that block ligand binding to receptors
- Aptamers that work in lateral flow, and flow through diagnostic formats
- Aptamers that work in free solution detection formats
- Aptamers that work in biosensors
Based on this experience we have made a commitment that prior to entering into a contract to deliver a project for any client we will work with the client to understand their application fully and we will provide all clients with an honest feasibility assessment. We reserve the right to turn down a project if we think that the expected outcome is not feasible.
NeoVentures in-house capacity
NeoVentures is a fully equipped stand-alone, private laboratory with the following capacities:
- Containment Level 2 work area
- Cell culture capacity
- qPCR analytical capacity
- Surface plasmon resonance imaging (SPRi) binding analysis
- Isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC) binding analysis
- HPLC analysis
- Monochromatic fluorometer
- Phase contrast microscopy
- Live video streaming of product performance